Simply mowing your lawn is not enough to keep it healthy; it’s how you mow that really matters. Bad mowing habits can open your lawn up to weeds, disease and insects. At Nature’s Turf we proudly provide professional and affordable lawn care services in Newnan, and we have what it takes to keep your lawn looking healthy and green all summer long. Properly mowing your lawn is easy when you follow these helpful tips:
- Don’t mow your lawn too short! This is the single biggest mistake most homeowners make. Keep your lawn at least 2 inches tall. This will retain moisture in your soil, help your grass to develop strong roots and prevent weed seeds from germinating.
- Check your lawn mower’s blades. Dull blades can cause your grass to rip or tear, which will require more energy for your grass to heal itself.
- Leave your grass clippings in your yard. No one likes to look at those piles of clippings, but it can provide insulation, moisture, nutrients and beneficial organic matter to your soil.
- You should only mow 1/3 of the length of your grass blades at a time. This will ensure that you leave enough healthy tissue so that your grass can heal properly. Because of this 1/3 rule, you probably need to mow more often.
- By alternating the patterns that you mow in, you can avoid compaction.
These simple tips can help your lawn to stay healthy and beautiful, but they will take more work on your end. If you are looking for a great alternative then turn to us. We offer the best lawn care in the business! Contact us today and get your first treatment for only $29!